Saturday, August 26, 2006

Frustrated

I am getting very frustrated that I can't seem to draw what I see. Decided to go back to square one and go through my books and take the art lessons on WC. It is proving to be a great resourse.

I found the adobe files of the first lessons in the drawing lesson. And I have been drawing circles with hatching and cross hatching all evening. I can see a little improvement. Right now my favorite lead is F to do hatching. I didn't even know an F pencil existed.

Opinions differ on how to hold your pencil. But the one thing that is similiar is that you draw from the elbow and shoulder, not the wrist. That is a hard habit to break.

I other thing I have played with is negative drawing. That is a little harder. I think I will be practicing lines, negative drawing and the color wheel.

I also need to remember to loosen up and have fun.

Another problem that I have is whatever the bump on my finger is aching. Too much drawing???

Next week is going to be kind of crazy. At least I have dinners under control.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home